Losing a loved one is hard. We help you navigate the challenges and opportunities that come with receiving an inheritance.
Receiving an inheritance can be a complicated life event that results in a new level of financial freedom and flexibility, requiring thoughtful stewardship through time. Our job as wealth advisors is to help you understand how you can effectively and sustainably use your wealth to live the life that you envision. We believe inheriting money also presents an opportunity to honor your family’s legacy and to take pride in becoming a responsible steward of your family’s wealth.
Inheriting wealth can be both a blessing and a curse, as our relationships with money can be both healthy and destructive.
- Inheriting money may enable you to:
- Eliminate financial debt;
- Pursue a new career;
- Buy a home; or
- Feel more secure in starting a family.
- Inheriting money can result in feelings of guilt, confusion, or a new source of stress.
- Inherited wealth can put you on an unstable financial path if you do not match your lifestyle to your wealth.
- It is important to consider the tax implications of a wealth transfer.