What Does Becoming a Peak Client Look Like?
1. Get to know each other
Schedule an introductory call using the form below. During this conversation, we’ll learn a little more about your current situation and how we may be able to help you.
2. Take a deeper dive
We will schedule an in-person meeting or Zoom call so we can clearly define:
- Your current financial situation
- Your goals and timeline
- How we can help you get where you want to go
At this point, if you decide to work with us, we’ll also formalize our relationship by completing some paperwork together.
3. Make a plan
After we’ve learned everything, we’ll design a plan based on your:
- Goals and timeline
- Risk tolerance
- Personal values
4. Review the plan
After you approve the plan, we’ll put it into action and then schedule periodic reviews to make sure you’re on target for your goals.
What Kind of Clients Does Peak Work With?
While our services are not a universal solution to all wealth management needs, we have built our business on principles that we believe position us to provide a superior solution to a select group of investors.
We do our best work with clients who are:
Near or in retirement
Going through a life transition (inheritance, divorce, selling a business, death of a loved one, etc.)
Professionals or business owners
If you are looking for help with any of the following, we can help:
- Financial planning
- Retirement income planning
- Investment management
- Asset protection
- Tax planning
- Estate planning
- Charitable giving
- Funding your children’s or grandchildren’s education
Why Do I Need a Financial Advisor?
There are several reasons people choose to work with an advisor:
- When you are going through a major life transition or your financial situation has become more complicated, a financial advisor can be your advocate to help you navigate consequential life decisions.
- Life events like buying a home, receiving an inheritance, getting married and raising a family, changing jobs, starting a business, caring for an aging parent or a child with special needs, going through divorce, or experiencing the loss of a loved one can all lead to a more complicated financial situation.
- A financial advisory firm can provide support and continuity for you and your family in the event of death or incapacity of your family’s primary financial decision maker.
- A financial professional can become a trusted advisor in your corner. Even the best professional athletes in the world hire coaches to benefit from their objective, experienced perspectives. Sound investment management and financial planning go hand in hand with behavioral coaching (particularly when times are tough).
- A financial advisor becomes part of your larger team, working with your estate planning and tax preparation professionals.
We are a fee-only advisory firm, meaning we don’t make any money from commissions. This fee-only approach is directly tied to our role as a fiduciary acting in your best interest.
Our fees are based on the following schedule:
To get an estimate of our fee to work with you, fill out the form at the bottom of this page and we’ll be in touch.
A custodian is a financial institution that keeps investor assets—primarily stocks—safe and secure. As a financial advisory firm, Peak does not hold onto your money or stocks. Your assets are held by reputable custodians (primarily Charles Schwab), and you may access real-time account information through their online portals.
Along with our personal values and business approach to putting our clients’ best interests first, as an SEC Registered Investment Advisor under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, Peak has a fiduciary duty to act in the best interest of our clients.
Frankly, we do not understand why our regulatory and legal system does not hold every financial professional, including Registered Representatives (stock brokers) and Insurance Agents, to the same high standards.
There is no doubt in our mind that putting our clients’ best interests first is the right thing to do for our clients and for our business. We would not have it any other way.
Our minimum for investable assets under management (AUM) is typically $1 million. The average client at Peak has about $2.5 million of investable assets under management. While our services are not a universal solution to all wealth management needs, we have built our business on principles that we believe position us to provide a superior solution to a select group of investors. We are always happy to answer your questions and share our expertise even if you do not currently meet Peak's minimums.
Digital Tools Keep You on Track
- See all your money in one place, anytime, anywhere.
- Securely share and view financial reports and documents.
- Access your advisor to ask a question or easily schedule a call.
Already a client?