John became a principal as of March 31, 2000. He has managed client portfolios for over 25 years. Prior to joining Peak Asset Management, LLC, he worked as a fee-based investment advisor, first for Hammer Capital Management in Santa Barbara, California, and then for his own firm, McCorvie Capital Management in Boulder, Colorado. He has broad experience in the fundamental analysis that Peak focuses on, as well as in more technically oriented trading.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from the University of Vermont
- Graduated from Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts
Certifications & Achievements
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation in 1997 after completing the 3 years of study and examinations
- He is a member of the CFA Institute
Interests & Philanthropy
- SVP Boulder County -- I represent our firm as a partner with SVP Boulder County. Peak has been a partner since 2006 and, as a firm, we believe that SVP is an outstanding organization for us to invest our time and money in to create a positive and leveraged impact in our community. I served as the Board Chair from 2013 to 2015.